This salad is so delicious you may be tempted to eat if for dinner! Great served warm or cold.
- 1 large orange
- 1 cup uncooked Roland® Israeli Couscous
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Roland® Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted (see Note)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Peel and dice orange, removing pits.
- Cook Roland® Israeli Couscous according to package directions, substituting orange juice for water as the cooking liquid. When cooked, transfer couscous to a bowl and fluff with a fork, separating any lumps.
- Drizzle Roland® Olive Oil and lemon juice over couscous; continue to fluff the grains.
- Add ginger, orange peel, orange piece, raisins, walnuts and parsley. Mix well.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving. Toss lightly just before serving.
Note: To toast walnuts, spread them in a shallow pan. Heat in preheated 300-degree oven or toaster oven for 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
Contributed by:American Roland Food Corp.