Homemade frozen strawberry yogurt made from real strawberries.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cups (1 1/2 pints) frozen or fresh strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- 1 17.6 oz (about 2.2 cups) Greek or plain yogurt (minimum 2%)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar to 3/4 cup sugar
1. Add sugar to sliced strawberries and let it macerate for minimun 1/2 an hour while mixing with a spoon every 10 minutes*.
2. Whiz the macerated strawberries through a blender to a liquid like consistency. Chill the strawberry liquid until cold.
3. Using a rubber spatula, mix strawberries and yogurt well and churn in an ice cream maker, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Once the mixture reaches a soft serve consistency, scoop to containers with lids and freeze for a couple of hours at a minimum.
5. Let it sit on the counter 10 minutes before serving.
6. Dip ice cream scooper in water before scooping frozen yogurt. The consistency of this frozen yogurt is wonderful.
If you do not own an ice cream maker, please see this article, published on Joy of Kosher’s website, on how to make an ice cream without an ice cream maker.
*I forgot about the strawberries and left them macerating on the counter for a couple of hours. I ended up covering them with a plastic wrap and refrigerating them overnight before proceeding. Ideally, I would like to see all the sugar dissolve before proceeding.