Inspired by the classic dessert at the famous Mike’s Bistro restaurant in midtown Manhattan, this is a refreshing, unique dessert that incorporates the natural pairing of fruit crumble and ice cream into one memorable treat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 package frozen blueberries
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 (56-ounce) container vanilla ice cream, room temperature
1. In a medium saucepan on medium-high heat, cook blueberries, sugar, and lemon zest and juice for 20 minutes. Blend half of the mixture so you are left with two versions of blueberry sauce — chunky and smooth.
2. While blueberries cook, combine flour, oats, sugars, salt, and butter until crumble forms.
3. Press mixture into 9- x 13-inch tray in a quarter-inch layer. It will not cover the entire pan.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and crumble mixture with your hands.
5. Scoop out half the ice cream and place in a bowl. Pour a third of smooth blueberry sauce and a third of chunky blueberry sauce and half cup of crumble, and swirl into ice cream.
6. Top with remaining ice cream and repeat process with a third of each sauce and a third of the crumble, reserving remaining sauce and crumble for serving.
7. Scoop out two scoops of ice cream per person and drizzle with additional blueberry sauce, chunky blueberries, and remaining crumble.