- 1 1/2 C Cornichon, sliced
- 5 C Sweet Onion, small dice
- 5 C Celery, small dice
- 1 1/4 C Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 2 1/2 C Mayonnaise, plain
- 1 1/4 C Buttermilk
- 1 1/4 tsp White Pepper, ground
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt, to taste
- 5 C Mashed Potatoes, prepared, seasoned, warm
- As Needed Seasoned Flour for breading
- As Needed Mixture of 2C Egg Whites and 2C Buttermilk, whisked well for breading
- As Needed Idahoan Instant-Mash Potato Flakes for breading
1 Cover diced Idaho Potatoes with cold water and add 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil and cook until just tender.
2 Drain and shock to cool.
3 Combine cooled potatoes with remaining ingredients through mashed potatoes in a large bowl and mix gently but completely.
4 Taste for seasoning.
5 Refrigerate 1 hour until well chilled. Have pans of flour ready, seasoned with salt and pepper, egg white/buttermilk mixture
6 Using a #12 (2-2/3 oz) disher, scoop portions of potato salad into the seasoned flour, coat well and shake off excess flour.
7 Dip floured potato salad into buttermilk mixture and finally roll in potato flakes. Place on sheet pans to hold for service.
8 At service, deep fry 350°F for 15-20 seconds until crispy on the outside and still cold inside.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission