Something magical happens when garlic is fried. The sliced garlic will become crispy and is delicious on salads, potatoes, vegetables, meat, fish, and it especially pairs well as a garnish for our Shashuka.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- several tablespoons garlic chipsServings
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced on a mandolin or by hand
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Cover a plate with several layers of paper towels.
2. Heat a small pan with about half an inch of evoo. When oil is 350°F cook garlic slices over medium heat until they are golden brown. Be patient! First the water evaporates and then the natural sugars caramelize. The chips will become crispy as they cool.
3. Transfer to prepared plate. Store covered at room temperature for up to 5 days.