- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups egg substitute 500 mL
- 3 Tbsp fat-free milk 45 mL
- 2 cups (2oz/55g) loosely packed baby spinach 500 mL
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered 250 mL
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves 2 mL
- 1/2 cup (2 oz/55g) reduced-fat free cheese 125 mL
1 Combine egg substitute and milk in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended.
2 Place spinach and basil in another medium bowl; set aside.
3 Heat canola oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and rosemary, and cook 2 minutes or until soft, stirring frequently.
4 Add to bowl with spinach and basil, toss, and cover to allow spinach to wilt slightly and flavors to blend while preparing omelets.
5 Reduce heat to medium. Wipe skillet clean with a damp paper towel. Coat skillet with canola oil cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot.
6 Pour half of egg mixture into skillet. Cook 5 minutes; as eggs begin to set, gently lift edge of omelet with a spatula and tilt skillet so uncooked portion flows underneath.
7 When egg mixture is set, spoon half of tomato mixture over half of omelet. Top with half of feta cheese. Loosen omelet with a spatula and fold in half .
8 Slide omelet onto serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining ingredients.