- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- ½ pound (2 cups) mix of fresh blueberries, sliced strawberries, raspberries or blackberries
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 container (6 ounces) lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 small loaf (10 ounces) French bread
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ⅓ cup lowfat milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- non-stick cooking spray
Place berries in a small bowl and sprinkle with powdered sugar. For the sauce, spoon about 1/4 of the berries, sweetened condensed milk and yogurt into a blender (or food processor) and puree until smooth; set aside.
Cut bread into twelve 1 1/2-inch pieces. Cut into each piece almost all the way through to create a pocket. Stuff the bread slices with remaining sweetened berries and press lightly to close; set aside. Reserve any unused berries to garnish top at serving time.
Whisk egg, egg white, milk, granulated sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Dip stuffed bread slices in egg mixture to coat and cook until lightly browned on both sides, turning once.
Spoon sauce onto serving plate, arrange French toast on top and garnish with any remaining berries.
Yield: 3 pieces of bread with 1/2 cup berries and 1/3 cup sauce, per serving
Source: National Dairy Council