- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 8 large eggs, Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 oz. whipped garlic and herb cream cheese
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 Blanch asparagus spears in medium pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside
2 Whisk eggs in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add eggs. Stir until eggs are almost set, about 1minute. Add cheese in dollops and then add tomatoes. Stir until cheese melts and eggs are softly set, about 2 minutes.
3 To serve, cut asparagus spears into 2-3-inch pieces and fold into egg mixture and place on heated plate or oval ovenware. Garnish with chopped parsley.Option: serve an additional 2-3 spears of cooked asparagus on the side.
Source: California Asparagus Commision