Taking french toast and making it kosher for Passover! It is a 3 layer sandwich you will love.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 9 PeopleServings
- 3 whole square matzo
- 3/4 cup diced dill
- 8 ounce Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese
- 2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- Cooking Spray
1. Mix the cream cheese and the chopped dill together and set aside.
2. Pour the water in a 9x13" pan (or any pan that is large enough to fit a piece of matzo).
3. Take a piece of matzo and place it in the water for about 30 seconds or until the matzo has softened.
4. Place the matzo on a dishtowel to get rid of any excess water. Pat slightly.
5. Use ½ of the dill cream cheese mixture and lightly spread onto the matzo.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for the second layer, and finish by placing the third piece of soaked matzo on top.
7. While the Matzo is still soft, cut the three layers into 9 squares. Set aside.
8. Place 2 eggs in a separate bowl and beat.
9. Spray the frying pan, and place the stove on a high heat.
10. Individually take the matzo sandwich and dip in the egg. Place on frying pan and cook until both sides are golden brown.
11. Once the sandwich is finished frying, place on a paper towel to damp excess liquid.