You can make this gorgeous, elegant quiche with just a few vegetables and a nice extra large peeler. Make your vegetables look like flowers and enjoy a masterpiece at lunch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
2 green zucchini
2 yellow zucchini
3 large carrots
1 frozen pie crust or shortbread tart crust, thawed
3 ounces (100 grams) mozzarella
1 extra large egg
⅔ cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 375℉ / 190℃.
1. Peel the zucchini, eggplant and carrots carefully to make large strips. For the eggplant you may need a sharp knife to cut thin strips. Set aside.
2. On the bottom of the thawed pie crust, place mozzarella cheese.
3. To make the vegetable flowers, layer the strips in 2 or 3 slices and roll them up. Place the flowers very close to each other in the pie dish to stop them from unrolling.
4. Mix the egg with the heavy cream, salt and pepper and pour evenly over the vegetables.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until egg mixture looks solid and crust is starting to brown.