- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- approximately 6 to 8 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium onions, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 2 cups Water
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored and diced
- 3 star anise
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, for garnish
1 Heat large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2 Add oil and onions; cook until onions are golden. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
3 Add rice and stir to combine; then add orange juice, water, tomatoes, star anise and garam masala.
4 Cover and reduce heat; cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
5 Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
6 Stir and remove star anise. Garnish with green onions.
Source: The Florida Department of Citrus