- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 Servings ServingsServings
- 4 (6oz.) boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon jerk marinadeSauce:
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 cups no-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 2 Florida grapefruits (about 16 oz. of juice)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely choppedSalad:
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Florida grapefruit (peeled, segmented and coarsely chopped)
- 2 papaya (peeled, seeded and diced)
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 16 grape tomatoes sliced in half (lengthwise)
- 4 fresh 1/4 inch pineapple rings.
1 Place chicken breasts and jerk marinade in large zip-top bag, seal and refrigerate for one hour.
2 Remove chicken from zip-top bag and place on hot grill.
3 Grill chicken breast until thoroughly cooked, about 15-20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
4 In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, sauté garlic with non-stick cooking spray, then add chicken stock and grapefruit juice.
5 Bring to a boil, lower temperature to medium low and reduce to syrup.
6 Add cilantro. Stir well and set aside. In a large bowl, combine arugula, olive oil, chopped grapefruit and pepper together.
7 Toss the ingredients to coat arugula. Add tomatoes and papaya.
8 Place one pineapple ring on the center of 4 dinner size plates.
9 Top each ring with one grilled chicken breast. Divide salad into 4 equal parts and place on the grilled chicken breast. Drizzle plates with sauce.
Source: The Florida Department of Citrus