- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8 servings ServingsServings
- 2 (10 ounce) packages:frozen chopped spinach (or equivalent fresh)
- 1 teaspoon:minced garlic
- 2 eggs,:slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup:grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon:nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon:salt
- 1 cup:ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup:pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon:olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook the frozen spinach according to package directions.
- If using fresh spinach, wash it, remove the stems and cook with just as much water as will cling to the leaves.
- Cool and drain the spinach well; squeeze dry to remove excess juice.
- Combine with eggs, grated Parmesan, nutmeg, seasoned salt, and ricotta cheese.
- Rub a 10-inch pie pan with olive oil and spread the spinach mixture evenly around the pan.
- Top with pine nuts. Bake for 20 minutes. Serves 6 to 8
Great as an appetizer, side dish, or entree.