Turn these miniature meatballs into a main dish by spooning several meatballs and sauce over hot cooked rice or noodles.
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups Florida Orange Juice*
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium red and/or green sweet pepper, cut into 1" pieces*May substitute Florida Orange Juice from Concentrate
1 In a large bowl combine egg white, bread crumbs, five-spice powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
2 Add beef; mix well. Shape into 48 1" meatballs. Place in a 15"x10"x1" baking pan.
3 Bake in a 350° oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until no pink remains in center of meatballs. Drain.
4 Meanwhile, in a large saucepan stir together orange juice, honey, cornstarch, soy sauce, and ginger.
5 Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
6 Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
7 Add sweet pepper and meatballs in saucepan; cook and stir until heated through.
8 Keep warm in a fondue pot or chafing dish. Serve with toothpicks.
Source: The Florida Department of Citrus