- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled (60 mL)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal (60 mL)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (2 mL)
- 4 fish fillets (1 lb total), such as tilapia, rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 8 strips total
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh pico de gallo, salsa verde, or picante sauce (125 mL )
- 1 medium lime, cut into 8 wedges
1 Combine flour, cornmeal, onion powder, and chili powder in a shallow dish, such as a pie pan. Coat fish with mixture.
2 Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and fish flakes with a fork.
3 Place on a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with salt.
4 Place fish in warmed tortillas, and top with equal amounts of avocado and pico de gallo. Squeeze a lime wedge over each tortilla.