Fish in aromatic sauce is prepared with Chermoula Sauce, an aromatic nixture of powerful herbs and spices that is smeared over the fish, protecting its health-giving oils. The sauce can be used with any kind of fish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 pound sea bass or hake salmon taste good this way also
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 pound potatoes thinly sliced
- 1 pound tomatoes each cut into 3 slices
- 1 green or red bell pepper corred, seeded and cut into 3 to 4 slices
- 2 chilis
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Chermoula Sauce recipe below
- 1/4 cup corriander ground
- 2 whole garlic cloves peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cummin ground
- 1 teaspoon paprka
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole ice cube
Chermoula Sauce ingredents ( last 10 ingredents in list) blend in a food processer until smooth.
Wash the fish with cold water and pat dry. Sprinkle inside and out with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Mix the potatoes and tomatoes together with the remaining salt and about 1 teaspoon of the Chermoula Sauce.
Make a bed of potatoes in a baking pan. Rub the fish inside and out with the remaining Chermoula Sauce and place it on top of the potatoes.
Arrange the tomatoes, sliced peppers, and chilies around and on top of the fish. Drizzle with the oil and bake in a pre-heated oven. 350 F, for 30-40 minutes, basting twice. Remove from the oven and serve.