These fish balls are a wonderful do-ahead appetizer or snack. They can be made ahead of time and easily reheated in the oven or on the blech.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24-30 ballsServings
- 4 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 1 large can of white tuna fish or salmon in water, drained
- 1/2-1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed (optional)
- 3 eggs, separated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Potato starch if necessary
- Oil for frying
1. In a bowl, combine mashed potatoes, tuna fish, egg yolks and seasonings. Mix well.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites until they are stiff and then fold them into the tuna mixture.
3. Make into balls (ping pong ball size) and fry in hot oil.