- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 Lb Idaho Burbank potatoes, sliced 3/16-inch thick
- Oil for frying as needed
- 1 tsp Garlic-pepper salt
- Buttermilk ranch dip as needed
- Buttermilk harissa dip
- 1/2 C Buttermilk, fresh
- 1/2 C Mayonnaise
- 1/2 C Sour cream
- 1 TBS Chives, finely minced
- 1 TBS Parsley, Italian flat-leafed, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Thyme, fresh-picked and minced
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 C Buttermilk ranch
- 1/2 C Harissa sauce
1 Place sliced potatoes in a fryer heated to 340 degrees F.
2 Add only enough potatoes so fryer is no more than half full.
3 Fry potatoes for 4 minutes, shaking fryer basket vigorously while frying.
4 Spread chips evenly across a towel-lined sheet tray to cool. Refrigerate, uncovered.
5 Transfer chips to drain tray and sprinkle with garlic-pepper salt.
6 Serve a medium-sized bowl of chips with 2 1/2 ounces each of buttermilk ranch and buttermilk harissa dipping sauces
7 Combine all ingredients and reserve, refrigerated.
Source: Idaho Potato Idaho Potato