The fig jam in this sandwich is very easy to make. Make sure to spread a lot on because it's delicious, especially when paired with goat cheese.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup dried figs
- Hot water
- 1/4-1/2 cup honey
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- Goat cheese
- 2 slices of bread of your choice
1. Steep dried figs in hot water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Remove figs from hot water and puree (blender, immersion blender, or food processor) with honey and balsamic vinegar.
3. We recommend: start with 1/4 cup honey, taste jam and add additional honey based upon your preferred level of sweetness.
4. Spread fig jam on bread of your choice, top with goat cheese and pan sear or place in sandwich maker or Panini press.
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Shavuot 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW