This Fettuccine Alfredo with Peas is a dish best made to taste. The trick to success in alfredo dishes is coating your noodles to your liking. I like a creamy and cheesy alfredo—and even double this sauce recipe when I’m feeling sinful. You can adjust the amount of cheese and cream to achieve the consistency you prefer.
Tip: Thaw peas for about 3 minutes in a bath of cold water and drain. This way they won’t become soggy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (1-pound) box fettuccine
- 1 cup heavy cream
¼ pound butter, at room temperature, cut into 8 pieces
1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed (optional)
1. Cook fettuccine according to package instructions.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat the cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Do not let the cream come to a boil. Whisk in butter until melted. Add the Parmesan, whisking continually, until sauce thickens. Keep warm over low heat, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to burn the sauce.
3. Drain pasta; do not rinse. Place in a bowl large enough to allow tossing. Pour sauce over warm pasta and toss to coat.
4. Sprinkle with pepper and toss in the peas. Top with additional Parmesan, if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010).