This recipe created by our newly crowned Kosher Master, Reena Goldberger, wowed the judges...and everyone else who managed to grab a bite. It provides the perfect crunch factor for any dish and works in sweet and savory preparations. Reena served it with salmon ceviche.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. Bring sugar and water to a boil. Add in the fennel seeds and pumpkin seeds and stir with a spatula.
3. Let caramelize until golden brown, stirring mixture to keep it smooth.
4. Once golden brown, pour onto parchment paper and lift paper to spread evenly over surface, ensuring the brittle is very thin.
5. Sprinkle with salt.
6. Let cool.
7. Crackle and add to your favorite dishes or just snack.