Delicious way to prepare farro, with refreshing mint, dried fruit and more!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 ServingsServings
- For Salad
- 3 cups farro, cooked in salted water, yielding 6 cup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricot -- diced 1/4
- 1/2 cup Golden raisins
- 1/2 cup pinenuts -- toasted
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1 cup cinnamon citrus vinaigrette (see below)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, choppedFor Cinnamon Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 fluid ounces orange juice
- 3/8 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4 Tbsp orange zest, blanched
- 3/8 Tbsp Lemon zest
- 5/8 fluid ounce honey
- 8 3/8 fluid ounces olive oil
1 Cook farro in boiling salted water until tender to the bite.
2 Drain, toss with dried fruits while still hot. Cool.
3 When cool, toss with vinaigrette, garbanzo beans, mint & pinenuts.
Source: Recipe courtesy of Chef Paul Lynch and www.wholegrainscouncil.org