- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1/2 pound fresh wax beans or green beans, trimmed
- 2 medium ears fresh corn, with corn cut from cob and cobs discarded
- 1/3 cup fresh shelled peas
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes or teardrop tomatoes
- 4 medium radishes, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- Spicy Almonds (recipe below)
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup prepared red wine or balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cups fresh salad greens such as arugula or watercress
1 Fill a medium saucepan with 2 inches of water, and place a steamer insert inside
2 Bring to a boil, and add beans.
3 Steam, covered, for 3 minutes, then add corn and peas, and steam 2 minutes more, or until beans are tender-crisp. Let cool.
4 Combine in a large bowl with tomatoes, radishes, shallots, almonds and feta. Dress with prepared vinaigrette and serve on salad greens.
5 Spicy Almonds: Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 1 tablespoon unsalted butter in a small skillet.
6 As butter melts, stir in 1/8 teaspoon chili powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
7 Stir in 1/4 cup roughly chopped almonds. Spread almonds on a baking sheet lined with foil, and bake 10 to 15 minutes, until fragrant.
8 Let cool before placing on salad.
Source: Almond Board of California