Farfel pizza pie came about because there was no time to make real pizza dough and wait for it to rise. The farfel was a handy substitute. Good idea to make two pizzas!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6Servings
- 1/2-2/3 box matzo farfel
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans tomato mushroom sauce
- 1/4-1/3 pound cheddar or mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup diced green and red peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the parmesan. Mix and let sit for 15 minutes.
3. Pour mixture into a greased 9 X13 inch pan. Baked for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated parmesan on top. Return to oven until slightly browned, 2-3 minutes.