Instead of frying up your average croquette, try dipping these cheesy and creamy mashed potatoes in homemade dried falafel mix for a new spin on the classic! They are gluten free too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 3 cup homemade dried falafel mix
- 24 ounce Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon whole milk
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat and cook the potatoes for 30 minutes, until fork-tender. Drain the potatoes and put back in the pot over low heat.
2. Add the parmesan, milk, butter and salt to the potatoes and smash until creamy and smooth. You can leave in some potato pieces for texture.
3. Cool the potatoes in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Scoop 2 tablespoons of cold mashed potatoes, roll them in to a log shape and place on a baking sheet. Continue forming the logs until all of the mashed potatoes are used.
5. In one bowl, whisk the egg. Split the dried falafel mix in to two bowls. Roll the potato logs in one bowl of the falafel mix, then the egg, then into the second bowl of falafel mix and set back on the baking sheet.
6. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat then fry the potato logs for 2 minutes, 1 minute on each side. Place on paper towels to drain.
*serve the potato croquettes with tahini or pesto.
Get the recipe for Homemade Dried Falafel Mix here.