This is the ultimate cheesecake. Topped with a gooey chocolate fudge sauce, and adorned with crunchy caramelized popcorn.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ cup Tnuva Butter, softened
- ½ cup Quark Creamy Soft Cheese, room temperature (cream cheese)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 medium sized eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup self-rising flour
- Extra Tnuva Butter to grease the pan
Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons Tnuva Butter
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup whipping cream
- 2 ½ cups popcorn kernels
1. Preheat oven to 250°F and line a baking pan with baking paper. Place the sugar in a thin layer in a pot and melt over low heat until it reaches a deep amber-colored caramel. Remove from heat and add the butter and salt. Return the pan to the heat and stir constantly. Gradually pour the heavy cream into the mixture and stir until it forms a thick sauce. Remove from heat. Add the popcorn into the sauce and stir well. Arrange the popcorn evenly onto the baking tray and bake for about 60 minutes until golden. Make sure to occasionally flip the popcorn so that it does not stick together. Remove from the oven and let cool.
2. Raise the temperature to 320 °F. Grease and line the loaf pan with baking paper.
3. Using a mixer, whip the butter, cream cheese and sugar until the mixture is fluffy and airy. While mixing, gradually add the eggs. Then add the vanilla extract and lemon zest and continue to mix. Add the flour and blend until fully mixed.
4. Pour the batter into the loaf pan with a spatula and smooth until even. Bake for about 30 minutes until golden. Test with a toothpick to ensure that the center is fully baked; the toothpick must come out dry. Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes and remove from the pan. Let it cool on a baking rack.
5. To prepare the Chocolate Fudge Sauce: Melt the coffee grains in boiling water. Add chocolate and mix well.
6. To assemble the cake: Pour the Chocolate Fudge Sauce onto the cake and smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle the sweet popcorn on top and enjoy!