There is nothing like homemade aioli. The jarred product does not come close and especially not the Passover mayonnaise. To make a delicious creamy aioli-start with a good extra virgin olive oil. I am using one from France that tastes buttery and luscious with no bitterness and heavy flavor.
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 cupsServings
- 3 egg yolks
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, optional
- 1 1/2cups extra virgin olive oil ( I use an oil from France that is buttery flavored and very mild)
1. Place all ingredients except olive oil in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times to mix.
2. With the motor running, add the olive oil, drop by drop until the aioli starts to thicken. Once it starts to thicken-you can add it faster.
3. Store the aioli covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days