Simple pumpkin soup adding some ethnic flavor. Healthy and comfort food.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound pumpkin
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 vegetable flavor bouillon
- 1 cup soy milk
1. Cut pumpkin in half, take out seeds, discard stem and stringy pulp. Wrap in a plastic wrap and heat in a microwave until tender. Scoop inside of pumpkin and mash in a bowl.
2. Chop Onion.
3. In a sauce pan, heat olive oil and cook onion until tender. Add cumin seed and curry powder. Stir well. Add mashed pumpkin, water and bouillon. Bring it to boil.
4. Add soy milk, reduce heat, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.