A cool refreshing twist on iced coffee, perfect for Shabbat lunch or any time.
- Prep Time
- 1-1/2 pints ServingsServings
- 3 cup freshly brewed coffee or espresso
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- Chocolate Sabayon:(optional) (optional)
- Pour the coffee into a large bowl. Whisk in 1/3 cup of sugar and taste; adjust sweetness if necessary, a spoonful at a time.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow metal pan.
- Freeze, scraping the granita every hour or so with a fork to break up the ice crystals. When finished, the crystals should be fine and sandy.
- Serve the granita with a dollop of chocolate sabayon, if desired.
This wonderful recipe is from Laura Frankel's Jewish Cooking for All Seasons. One of the best things about this recipe, is that it can be served year round.
To dress it up, serve the granita in a tall class with a spoonful of chocolate sabayon.