- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 2 pound Empire Kosher Chicken Wing Gourmettes
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of clove (ground)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spread wings in a single layer on a baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle wings with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Bake for 45 minutes until browned.
5. Cool wings for about 5 minutes before glazing.
6. While wings are baking, prepare Wild Wing Glaze (recipe below).
7. Toss the wings into the glaze and serve.
1. In a saucepan, whisk together all of the ingredients, except about 2 tablespoons of the water and cornstarch.
2. Cook all of the remaining ingredients by bringing to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 40-45 minutes, until the sauce darkens and thickens. It will be reduced in volume by almost half.
4. Mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water together in a cup.
5. Pour cornstarch/water mixture into saucepan and turn up temperature to a boil, whisking, until sauce thickens even more.
6. Remove sauce from heat and cool.