This sweet and peppery noodle kugel has it all!
1. It's super easy. You don't even cook the noodles before assembling!
2. It looks so elegant when prepared in a fluted bundt pan. It makes a stunning table presentation, and remember - people eat with their EYES.
3. The taste is out of this world. Creamy, sweet, but with a peppery kick that makes it unique.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 4.5 cup Boiling Water
- .5 cup White Sugar
- .25 cup Brown Sugar
- .5 cup Margarine 1 stick
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 5 Eggs at room temperature
- 12-16 ounce Egg Noodles (I like the curly broad ones)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a bundt pan with a decorative design. It is not necessary to grease a silicone bundt pan - which I actually recommend using, if available, as its flexibility makes unmolding a snap.
It's a good idea to place the bundt on an insulated cookie sheet to catch any potential drips.
Fill the bundt pan with 12-16 oz. of UNCOOKED egg noodles. I like the curly medium ones - though the package calls them "broad".
Add margarine, sugars, salt and pepper to the boiling water.
Whisk until water melts the margarine and dissolves the sugars. Allow to cool slightly.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and then temper them by adding a small amount of the cooled mixture to the eggs.
Whisk the tempered egg mixture into the liquids and pour over the noodles in the bundt pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for an hour and a half.
Allow to rest before unmolding.