- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 4 eggs,:lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons:garlic powder, divided
- 2 cups:grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon:Italian seasoning
- Salt and:pepper to taste
- 1 cup:flour
- 1 cup:oil for frying
- 2 large:eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) container:ricotta cheese
- 1 cup:shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon:dried parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) package:chopped frozen spinach, thawed and pressed
- 4 cups:Mariara Sauce or 1 28 ounce jar tomato pasta sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350. In a shallow mixing bowl combine 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. In a separate, shallow dish or plate, pour the flour.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet. Dredge eggplant slices in flour, then in egg mixture and then in the Parmesan mixture. Fry the slices 2 or 3 at a time in hot oil. Place fried slices on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In a large bowl combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, remaining 1 cup Parmesan, remaining 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 egg, parsley and spinach; mix well. Spread about 1/3 of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture in the center of each eggplant slice and roll securely; place in prepared pan.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce over eggplant rolls and top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Serves 6.