A great combination of flavors- the sweet maple and salty soy sauce work great with eggplants.
- 6 ServingsServings
- 2 eggplants, sliced in 1 cm circles
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 hot chili pepper, thinly sliced
- Heat a large non-stick pan on medium heat, add enough canola oil to just cover the pan and fry the eggplant slices on each side until golden. Remove from heat and let rest on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, mix together the maple syrup and soy sauce and add the fried eggplants. Add fresh ground pepper to taste and mix. Sprinkle on the parsley and chili pepper, taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.