- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 cup:butter, softened
- 1/2 cup :white sugar
- 1/4 cup :packed brown sugar
- 1 :egg
- 1/2 teaspoon :vanilla extract
- 2 cups :flour
- 1/4 teaspoon :salt
- 1/4 cup :butter
- 1 cup :confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon :rum
- 1 pinch :ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, cream together 3/4 cup butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and salt; stir into the creamed mixture by hand to form a soft dough.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Make an indention in the center of each cookie using your finger or thumb.
- Bake for 12 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, and rum.
- Spoon rounded teaspoonfuls of filling onto cookies.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg. Let stand until set before storing in an airtight container.
This recipe doesn't actually use eggnog, but they have an eggnog taste. You can substitute 1/4 teaspoon rum extract and 1 tablespoon milk for the rum."