- 24 ServingsServings
- 9 each Large egg whites (about nine ounces)
- 2 oz creamy goat cheese
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 0 Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (packed) spinach leaves, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups (sliced) mixed mushrooms (crimini, oyster, white)
- 1 .5 tsp Olive oil
- 1 each red onion, diced
1 Heat the oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms; sauté until golden.
2 Add the tomatoes; sauté until tender. Add the spinach; stir just until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
3 Whisk the egg whites, and salt and pepper to taste until frothy.
4 Pour the egg mixture over the hot vegetables in the skillet; stir gently to combine.
5 Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook without stirring until the eggs are set on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
6 Sprinkle the cheese over the frittata. Broil until the cheese melts and the top is set, 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with chopped basil.
Source: Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com