This is an ode to egg lovers everywhere who want a big chunk of egg in every bite. Before you get started, check out Chef Laura's tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs.
Egg salad can be made up to 2 days before serving and can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time
- ½ cup mayonnaise made with olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons chopped cornichon
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 6 hard boiled eggs, sliced lengthwise into quarters
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Boston lettuce leaves or endive leaves
1. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, and horseradish. Fold in cornichon, shallot, celery, scallions, and capers.
2. Add sliced eggs and just turn the mixture with your hands. Stirring will break up the eggs. I like to get in there with my hands and fold the ingredients very gently together.
3. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and chopped flat leaf parsley.
4. Spoon egg salad in lettuce cups or endive leaves before serving.