Serving food in an edible vessel adds a memorable touch to any meal. Silicone cups and balloons were the two inexpensive items we used to make two various-shaped chocolate dessert cups. Fill cups with our miracle mousse, ice cream or even fruit salad. Makes for a fun and interactive family activity.
- Prep Time
1 cup chocolate
1. Melt 1 cup chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over and a pot of simmering water.
2, Using silicone cupcake holders and a small pastry brush, spread chocolate all over cupcake holders.
3. Place in fridge to set.
4. Repeat brushing process again. It is important to allow chocolate to set and then add another layer so that the chocolate cups remain sturdy.
5. Place in fridge to set.
6. Cover until ready to serve.
1. Melt 1 cup chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
2. Blow up the balloons to desired size.
3. Dip the bottom 1/3 of the balloon into the chocolate.
4. Place balloon bottom-side down onto tray.
5. Set in fridge to set.
6. Repeat the dipping process with all the balloons.
7. Place in fridge to set.
8. Pop the balloon, and an elegant chocolate bowl will remain.