- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)*
- 1 can (35 oz) no-salt-added Italian whole peeled tomatoes with basil, diced into small chunks
- 2 C zucchini, rinsed, quartered, and sliced
- 1 C yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground allspice (or substitute cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice)
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced or pressed (about 5 cloves)
- 1 C frozen yellow corn
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (or 1 large lemon, freshly juiced)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 Place frozen edamame in a deep saucepan with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
2 While soybeans cook, chop tomatoes, zucchini, and onion.
3 In a large nonstick sauté pan, cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
4 Stir in cumin, cayenne pepper, and allspice (or cinnamon/pumpkin pie spice). Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
5 Add garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
6 Stir in the drained edamame, tomatoes, zucchini, corn, and salt.
7 Cover. Simmer until zucchini is tender, about 15 minute
8 Stir in lemon juice and oregano.
9 Serve immediately.