Editor's Note: Fried Eggplant Salad is a staple on the Israeli salad table. This easy-to-follow recipe is great on bread or as a veggie side dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 small eggplants, thinly sliced into 1 inch rounds
- Oil for frying
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
1. Heat 1 inch of oil in medium sized frying pan and fry eggplant rounds until golden brown, set aside on paper towels.
2. Drain oil from frying pan, leaving about a tablespoon of oil still in the pan. Place the red pepper and garlic in the pan and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the eggplant rounds back into pan, adding vinegar, salt and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Winter 2012 SUBSCRIBE NOW