Learn to make your own pizza dough and enjoy the best most perfect pizza ever fresh out of the oven at your own home. Scroll down to watch a video where I work with Jamie Geller to teach you how to do it yourself. Give it a try and let me know how much you love it.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 3/4 cups of bread flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1/4 cup of semolina flour (plus more for dusting)
- 2 teaspoons of rapid rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 cup of warm water
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (plus more for greasing)
1. In a large bowl add the flour, semolina flour, yeast and salt and mix together. Add warm water and mix. Slowly add olive oil and start to knead. Knead in bowl for 1 minute until combined. Remove from bowl and knead on floured surface for 3 minutes or until mostly smooth.
2. Wipe out bowl and line with olive oil. Add ball of dough back in and combine with olive oil. Put damp cloth on top of bowl and let rise in warm place for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
3. Take dough out onto floured surface and kneed once or twice.
(Can place dough in fridge at this point up to 3 days or in freezer for 5 months!)
4. Sprinkle an even amount of semolina flour over entire surface of pizza stone (or pizza tray). Place pizza stone in cold oven and preheat oven to 450.
5. With a rolling pin, roll out dough until large and round. Take out hot stone and place pizza crust on top. Fold over sides slightly to fit on stone. Add sauce, cheese and favorite toppings and bake in oven on bottom rack for 21 minutes.
6. Let cool for 2 minutes. Slice, serve and enjoy!