This low-country dish gets a fresh makeover with delicious tomato curry sauce from BonGiovi.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chickens cut into 6 pieces each (breast-wing, thigh, and leg)
- 3 (9-ounce) pouches of Bongiovi Curry Pasta Sauce whisked with 2 cups chicken broth
- Garnishes: toasted coconut, chutney, toasted sliced almonds, cilantro leaves
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Pat dry chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large saute pan, lightly coated with evoo, over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, in batches, until medium brown. Place browned chicken in Dutch oven.
3. Spoon sauce over chicken, cover and braise for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Transfer chicken to a platter and spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with desired garnishes.