Like all dishes that are homemade, Easy Applesauce has a fresh, vibrant flavor. Because you are controlling what goes into the pot, from the quality of the apples to the amount of seasonings, you are taking control of what you feed your family.
Easy Applesauce is a pure and CLEAN recipe without added sweeteners and preservatives. Leftover applesauce can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for 2 months. Use applesauce to garnish latkes, make smoothies, serve as a snack, or dollop on pancakes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 cupsServings
- 6 firm apples (Honeycrisp or Granny Smith), peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup water
1. Simmer apples, lemon juice, cinnamon stick (if using), sea salt, and water, in a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes, until apples break-up and become a thick sauce.
2. Alternatively, cook apples, lemon juice, cinnamon stick (if using), sea salt, and water in a slow cooker on LOW, for 4 hours, stirring once or twice during cooking.
3. Cool applesauce, then transfer to a covered container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze up to 2 months.