- 2 ducklings, halved (4 1/2 to 5 lbs. each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 small thick-skinned oranges
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 servings hot cooked rice
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
**Alternate orange sauce
- 2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon
- 3 1/2 cup sugar Boil 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Wash, drain and dry duckling halves. Sprinkle cavity sides evenly with salt. Place halves, skin side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake until meat on drumstick is tender, about 2 hours.
- Prepare sauce while duckling is roasting. Peel the orange part of the rind off the orange; cut rind in very thin strips 1 1/2 to 2 inches long. Cover with boiling water; simmer 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Peel and section orange, removing all membrane; set aside. Combine orange juice, currant jelly, water, and cornstarch; blend until free of cornstarch lumps. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add orange strips. Brush sauce over duckling several times during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Stir orange sections and almond into the hot rice. Serve rice with duckling halves and remaining sauce.