Taco Tuesday meets Sunday Funday in this ultimate brunch time taco filled with confit duck and topped with a poached egg.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons of duck fat or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups pulled meat from confit duck legs and thighs
- 2 roasted poblano peppers, charred skin removed and diced
- 1 portobello mushroom, roasted and thinly sliced
- 8 poached eggs
- 8 corn tortillas
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: cilantro, baby arugula, grape tomatoes, cut in half
1. Heat duck fat or evoo in a heavy gauge saute pan over medium high. Add onion and caramelize for 5 to 7 minutes, until dark brown and very fragrant.
2. Add mushroom and poblano to the pan and continue cooking for a few minutes to warm vegetables. Add the duck meat and toss to warm.
3. Char tortillas over a burner, 7 to 10 seconds per side. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates. Divide duck mixture between tortillas. Top each with an egg and garnish with cilantro, arugula, and grape tomatoes.