Another favorite of ours. A pleasure for the senses of sight, taste, and scent.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 pound fresh fish (salmon, tilapia, halibut, or sea bass)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup onion, chopped fine
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped fine (1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon)
- 2 cup tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cup dry red wine
Heat oven to 400F. Combine lemon juice and parsley. Remove any bones with tweezers. Let fish marinate in the lemon and parsley mixture for 15 minutes. Remove and pat dry.
Heat frying pan over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add fish, and season with salt and pepper. Fry until light golden brown on both sides. Remove to an ovenproof baking dish.
Using same frying pan, saute onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, parsley, cumin, oregano, another dash of salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes. Add wine. Continue to cook on high for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour sauce over fish and bake for 25 minutes.