- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
2 In a medium bowl combine flours, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine egg, oil, buttermilk, apple butter and dried cranberries; add to dry ingredients. Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
3 Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Fill cups two-thirds full. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until muffins spring back when lightly touched.
4 Variation: Mix 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon; sprinkle about 3/4 teaspoon on top of each muffin before cooking.
Source: Wheat Foods Council