- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 - 10 servings ServingsServings
- 1 cup graham :cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) :butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons :sugar
- 1 pint :strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 pint :vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1-16- ounce package :frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed, undrained
- 16 large :kosher marshmallows
- 2 egg whites, :room temperature
- 1/4 cup :sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon :salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons sugar and press into 9-inch-diameter pie pan with 1 1/2-inch-high sides.
- Bake until edges begin to darken, about 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spoon the strawberry ice cream evenly into crust. Freeze 25 minutes.
- Spread vanilla ice cream over. Cover tightly and freeze until firm, about 1 hour. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead.)
- Strain 2 tablespoons juice from strawberries. Stir the marshmallows with juice in heavy small saucepan over low heat until melted. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat whites in medium bowl to soft peaks. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and salt and beat until stiff but not dry.
- Fold in cooled marshmallows. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze until ready to serve. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Refrigerate thawed berries.)
- Serve pie, topping each piece with spoonful of strawberries.