I put this pie together as part of a "trayf" Shabbat my friend Bethany Mandel encouraged me to host. The idea was to recreate kosher versions of our favorite trayf foods.
This was the dessert for that meal: a pareve "dirt and worms" pie. Great dessert for kids and the young at heart.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 5 ounce Haribo gummy rattlesnakes
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- 2 box chocolate pudding mix
- 4 cup vanilla almond milk (pareve) can also use pareve coconut milk
- 1 bag Creameo
- 8 ounce tofuttti plain cream cheese
- .5 cup pareve margarine
- .5 cup confectioner's sugar
- pareve whipped cream optional
Crush cremeos (if you have a food processor, shkoyach. I used a freezer bag and my hands).
Make chocolate pudding mix on stovetop with non-dairy milk. Once made, let the pudding cool & set.
Mix cooled pudding with .5 cup pareve margarine, .5 cup confectioner's sugar & 1 package of tofutti cream cheese.
Put gummy worms in the bottom of the pie crust. Layer with pudding mix/crushed creameos/candy worms until finished. Chill until ready to eat. Top each pie slice with a bit of pareve whipping cream if you're feeling fancy.
Kids love this dessert--especially finding the surprise worms.