Easy oreo based cookies that are a great after school snack that everyone loves.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 25-30 cookiesServings
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups chocolate sandwich cookies Oreos™ (about 20 cookies)
1. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream white sugar, brown sugar, and butter together until smooth.
3. Stir in egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Place chocolate cookies in a heavy ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin until pieces are mostly about the size of peas.
5. Stir crushed cookies into dough. Cover and chill the dough for ½ hour. Preheat oven to 375°.
6. Grease cookie sheets. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes in preheated oven. Remove to cool on wire racks.