This is a powered up version of the 60’s classic “master cleanse.” You should try drinking it 3 times a day during the detox before meals, but even if you don’t drink it that often, it will still make you feel great when you get to have it. The ingredients might seem odd, but it’s quite satisfying. If you don’t find/like tulsi or rooibos herbal teas, just use plain water. Tulsi is known for its ability to prevent cortisol (the main stress hormone) abnormalities, and help strengthen the immune system, while rooibos has many antioxidant compounds. Raw apple cider vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria, plus contains acetic acid, which can help lower blood pressure. Lemon juice full of vitamin C, and is alkalizing, so it helps regulate our body’s pH. Cinnamon isn’t only a great antioxidant, but it helps balance blood sugar levels and adds a sweet flavor without the addition of any sweetener. Turmeric and ginger, among many qualities, are great anti-inflammatories. Cayenne can stimulate metabolism and stevia adds sweeteness (if you need it) without affecting blood sugar.
- Prep Time
- 1 ServingsServings
- 2 cups brewed tulsi (aka holy basil) OR rooibos herbal tea, cooled down OR cold water
- 2 tablespoons organic raw (unpasteurized) apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- One or two drops liquid, unrefined stevia, optional
- 1 or 2 shakes cayenne, optional
1. Mix all the ingredients, but stevia together either in a blender or in a bowl-cup with a whisk or a jar with a lid.
2. Mix well. Since cinnamon isn’t soluble in water, give it a shake or a blend before drinking it. Try it first to see if you need to add any stevia to it, but remember that a little stevia goes a long way.